Saturday, June 4, 2011

I guess people just find it too hard to believe....

A co-worker was telling me he was going to have to go the the doctor about his acid reflux and indigestion. I just couldn't help myself I had to tell him that it was most likely an intolerance to grain, particularly wheat. If he could just drop grains from his diet he would see improvement in his symptoms. I told him his doctor will probably prescribe a anti acid medication which would only mask his symptoms but the underlying cause would still be damaging his gut.  Eating grains that he has an intolerance to can cause cancer of the esophagus, colon cancer and other digestive system cancers. It can damage the vocal cords and cause cancer of the voice box or larynx.

He told me that colon cancer runs in his family. I told him that it runs in his family because the intolerance to grains runs in his family.

 I told him that I don't have acid reflux or indigestion anymore. It took about 6 months for my symptoms to be gone.

At lunch less than 3 hours later he ate copious amounts of wheat.

Another co-worker has severe migraine headaches. I have gently suggested that it could be a food intolerance. Probably wheat that triggers her migraines. She refuses to give up her crackers, cookies (she says she doesn't like sweets, LOL) popcorn and bread.  She won't read anything I send her apparently fearing she will read too many times she should give up the wheat she adores.

I just don't understand why seeming intelligent people don't seem to comprehend that it is so easy to be free of these so called diseases.

No comments: